Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Friends of all kinds

I just got off the phone with Roxie. She used to be our neighbor in our old house. She is old enough to be my mom and I have formed a great bond with her. She is not LDS and we get to have many great conversations about Church. She has been reading the Book of Mormon off and on. A couple of years ago for Christmas I gave her a Book of Mormon study guide to help since we no longer live close to each other (she moved to Taylorsville). Today she mentioned that she has been talking to her neighbor who is the new Bishop in her ward/neighborhood. She also mentioned that she had him give her a blessing to help with her back. I am glad to hear that she has somebody who can do those things for her. I am also glad to hear that she is still interested. I think I am going to have to keep closer contact so I can bear testimony and love her better. I just love her so much!

3 comments:

mickey said...

Sounds like you have a great friendship, how wonderful. I love having friends of all kinds.

michele said...

way to be a good friend and example

lizzie said...

good friends are so important!