Wednesday, October 10, 2007
I love to procrastinate
I could be quite possibly the worst at getting my client notes done. I am hopelessly behind. I can't remember what happened in the sessions. I am so behind that I don't know where to begin. I hate writing notes! I love meeting with my clients, but hate the paperwork. I could probably get in trouble for how far behind my notes are. And yet this does not motivate me to get them done. I keep telling myself that no one is asking for them and the likelyhood that someone will is not high. I need a babysitter or boss to make sure I do them. (The only thing that has ever worked to get them done anywhere close to a timely manner.) I have the time. I just don't do it. Why? My clients would probably be mad if they knew. Thank goodness no one has needed me to give records to the courts or anything. However, I have a client that I have been meeting with who is now going to go back to her regular therapist and of course she will want the notes to see what we have been working on. I don't know where to begin. I'll have to fake it. I have been sitting here for the past 45 min playing with my blog and avoiding doing lots of things...especially my notes. I think I might need therapy. Or an assistant who doesn't want to get paid. Ha! Fat chance! See what I mean. If I think I am a good therapist, that clashes with me being so bad at getting my notes done. So does that mean I am really a bad therapist pretending to be a good one. Or that I am good at helping people process their issues and not good at documentation? I am not sure who this makes me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
i am the queen of procrastinating. so, i am sorry. and i fear i may already be teaching my kids. homework is given out on wednesdays and due on the following wednesday. what are we frantically doing on tuesday nights? argh.
My only suggestion for today would be to read the post on Tiffany's blog for today http://wouldbewritersguild.com/ and celebrate your love of procrastiation.
Good Luck!
Post a Comment