Monday, July 21, 2008

Where I've been...

I am the world's worst blogger!

A few things I have been up to...


  • May19, 2008 I went out on my own. I got my own office and am truly in private practice now. I love it! My office is so cute! It is so nice to have my own space! Come visit if you want.

  • Been taking the kids to the dinosaur museum @ Thanksgiving Point. (It is pretty cool and a nice place to go when it is really hot outside.)

  • July 20, 2008 Got a cat. OK, the kids got a kitten. I just said "yes". He is 7 wks old and is orange striped with white feet. He is pretty cute. The kids named him Razor.

  • July 18, 2008 got a Wii. It is pretty fun and I am not one to play video games. We have played at other's homes. Matt decided that it was such a positive interaction with the kids that we needed one. My arm hurts from playing tennis.

  • My sister is getting divorced. I think it is best. They have never had a good marriage. She lives in UT now and I love having her close again.

  • I gained back all the weight I lost last year. :( I have finally come to terms with the fact that you have to exercise to lose weight. I used to believe that women who were thin were just born with good genes. Not so. I have a thin healthy person living inside of me. She just likes to eat too much bread and not exercise. When I did Pilate's every day, I was in much better shape. Maybe I'll start again when the kids go back to school.

  • Aiden starts Kindergarten this year. Baylee will be in 1st grade. That means I'll have part of the day all to myself. :) I should be sad but I'm not. I am excited.

  • Matt passed his PE (Professional Engineering) exam. It was the last big test for licensing. No more tests for us!

  • July 10-12 went on a camp out with my entire family. It was fun but more work than it was worth. I haven't been camping in a long time. I forgot how much work it was. It was fun to hang out with the fam and let the kids get dirty and swim in the lake.

  • July 4th spent it in Idaho Falls with Matt's sister and her family. Saw a wonderful fireworks show that we'll go back to next year. Let the kids have a mud slide in her backyard and get thoroughly slimed. Mud makes for great sunscreen if you cover your whole body in it!

  • July 19 went to Matt's cousin's wedding in WY. It was fun but didn't have much meaning. They have lived together for 4 years. It was interesting to feel how empty it was to hear them be married for their mortal lives.

  • End of June finished reading the D&C for the first time in my life. Sad to say. I am working on reading all of the standard works. I'm finished with the Book of Mormon and D&C. Almost done with Pearl of Great Price. I am scared to start the Bible. But I have found things and had answers to prayers while reading the others so I'll give it a go.

  • In the middle of trying to determine if one of my clients has multiple personalities. A first for me.

  • April 3 new nephew born. Reginald aka "Reggie"...Chuck's son. He is so cute and has the coolest hair! It is about 3 inches long and stands straight up.

  • I have also been up to really exciting things like weeding flowerbeds, cleaning house (sometimes), folding clothes, and trying not to kill my kids.

  • Sometimes I am a great Mom. Sometimes I'm not. I have taken to swearing when I get really mad. It makes me sad and I try not to do it. And it seems in the moment that I just really want to. Sometimes I am surprised at how patient I can be. Seems to depend on what day in the cycle of life I am on.

  • Oh, no baby news yet. Just keep trying! That's fun too.

  • Had Baylee in soccer and Aiden in t-ball. That was fun to watch.


That's about all I can come up with now. I'll try to be a better blogger. It just seems like my life isn't all that much to write about most of the time. Maybe I'll learn how to put pictures into my blog. I do miss being connected with my girlie friends!




2 comments:

lizzie said...

it is so good to hear from you! keep it coming...i have found that this is a great way to keep in touch...

michele said...

welcome back andra! we need to get together this summer before the kids start school and things get crazy.